Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Introduction to Zotero
- Navigate to the Zotero download page and the Zotero 5.0 section
- Click Download or select a different platform (macOS, Linux)
- Follow on-screen installation prompts
After downloading Zotero, consider downloading the Zotero Connector, which will allow you to save references when browsing the web.
You can also create an online Zotero Account, which will allow you to access your Zotero Library from anywhere as well as share Zotero Libraries with collaborators
Create an online Zotero account
- Navigate to the Zotero website
- Click Log In
- Click Register for a free account
- Enter a username, email address (it doesn't have to be a U of I email), and password
Connect Zotero desktop app with online account
- Open the Zotero desktop app
- Click Edit
- Click Preferences
- Navigate to the Sync tab
- Enter your Zotero online username and password
- Click Set Up Syncing
- Select your syncing options
- You can select to Sync automatically
If you have any questions about using this systems, please contact the U-Idaho Library Reference Desk.
You can also check out our YouTube playlist: 6 Ways to Save Time with Zotero.