Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Searching the Library Catalog
Search directly from the library homepage: https://www.lib.uidaho.edu/
Click the "Advanced Search" link, to the right of the search box, to refine your search by Title, Author, Date, etc.:
Advanced Search interface will look like this:
What is Summit?
Summit is a resource sharing service that provides access to print materials and media from 37 academic libraries throughout Oregon, Washington and Idaho. This service is available free of charge to any currently-enrolled student, staff, or faculty member (current and emeritus) with a valid U of I account. Summit works hand-in-hand with your pre-existing library account, so no special registration is required.
Summit utilizes a courier service that delivers materials within 3-5 business days.
How to Request a Summit Item
- First locate the item you want in the library catalog using the U of I and Summit (no articles) search option.
- Click on the Find It tab for the desired item and sign in to your library account using your Vandalweb username and password information.
- If you want to check if an item is available at other Summit libraries, click on the More link.
- To initiate a Summit request, click on the Place Summit Request button.
- Select the appropriate pickup location, enter specific volume information as needed, and then select OK.
- You can monitor the status of the request under your My Library account.
- If the request cannot be filled through Summit, you will receive a cancellation email which will redirect you to Interlibrary Loan instead.
- If the request is successful, you will receive an email from the circulation desk once the item is available for pickup. Off-campus patrons will have items shipped directly to them by mail.
How do I use ILL?
What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is service that allows for the worldwide sharing of library materials. This service is available for faculty, staff, and currently enrolled students.
How do I Request a Library Item Using Interlibrary Loan?
- Locate the book you would like to request using the library catalog.
- If the book is not available, or checked, click on Find it, and then Request.
- Enter your user name and password.
- Verify book request to make sure all necessary fields are complete, and submit.
- A record of the request should appear on your account page.