Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
General Information on Lifecycle Assessments
- Scientific Applications International Corporation (SAIC). 2006. LIfe Cycle Assessment: Principles and Practice.
- Hendrickson, C.T., et al. 2006. Environmental life cycle assessment of goods and services: an input-output approach. Washington D.C.: Resources for the Future.
- Rebitzer,G., et al. 2004. Life cycle assessment: Part 1: Framework, goal and scope definition, inventory analysis, and applications. Environment International, 30(5): 701-720.
- Pennington, D.W., et al. 2004. Life cycle assessment: Part 2: Current impact assessment practice. Environment International, 30(5): 721-739.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Risk Reduction Engineering Laboratory. 1993. Life Cycle Assessment: Inventory Guidelines and Practice.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Office of Air Quality. 1995. Life-Cycle Impact Assessment: a conceptual framework, key issues, and summary of existing methods.
ISO Standards for Life Cycle Methodology
The International Standards Organization has published a series of standards aimed at creating a consistent framework for LCA/LCIA. The UI Library does not have a copy of these standards. However, they can be obtained via the ISO.