Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search the Library Catalog
The Library Catalog is the best place to find books and ebooks.
Type your topic into the search box to start your research.
Browse the Shelves
Use the call numbers below and our library floor maps to browse books related to journalism and mass media.
||HD 59 - 59.6
||HF 5801 - 6182
|Communication, mass media
||P 87 - 96
|Semiotics, signs and symbols
||P 99 - 99.4
|Broadcasting (radio and television)
||PN 1993 - 1999
||PN 4699 - 5650
|Journalism, relation to the state
||PN 4735 - 4748
|Technique, practical journalism
||PN 4775 - 4784
|Magazines and other periodicals
||PN 4832 - 4836
|Journalism, by region or country
||PN 4840 - 5648
Request a Book via Summit
Summit is a Library service that allows you to access to print materials and media from libraries in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.
To place a Summit request:
- Search for the book or media item in our Library catalog
- Click the item's title
- Under "Get it," click "Sign in" next to "U Idaho Users Sign-In for Request Options"
- Enter your U of I NetID credentials
- Click "Place Summit request"
- Fill out the request form, then click "Submit"
- You will receive an email when your item is ready to be picked up
Use Interlibrary Loan
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a Library service that allows you to request materials, such as articles or books, that are neither owned by the UI Library nor available through Summit.
Interlibrary Loan is free.
First time users: Visit the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) website to set-up your ILL account
To place an Interlibrary Loan request:
- Search for the item you would like to request using the Library catalog
- If this item does not appear in the search results, visit the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) website
- Click 'ILLiad Login'
- Enter your U of I - NetID credentials
- Under 'New Request,' click the item type
- Fill-in the required fields, then click on 'Submit'
- You will receive an email when your item is ready to pick-up or download