Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) enables a library patron to borrow library materials from other libraries through their own local library. If you would like to borrow resources from the University of Idaho Library and you are not student, faculty, or staff at the U of I, you can use your local public library's Interlibrary Loan program.
To borrow University of Idaho Library materials through ILL:
- Identify the book or article that you would like to borrow
- Find your Public Library (see Find Your Public Library box (Left))
- Ensure that your library does not have access to the item
- Fill out an Interlibrary Loan request form
- Contact your public library if:
- You cannot find the ILL form
- Have trouble filling out the form
- Have any questions about the Interlibrary Loan process
Once you have placed your request your public library will find and request the item for you. The length of time it takes to get the item will vary.