UI NYT Access: Home
Remember to Renew!
Remember to renew! Your UI New York Times subscription needs to be renewed annually; if you are receiving messages that you have exceeded your 10 monthly articles, but previously had full access to the New York Times, you will need to renew your subscription. Follow the instructions below to renew.
In partnership with ASUI, the UI Library offers all UI students, faculty, and staff online access to the New York Times. This means that members of the UI community have full access to NYTimes.com, New York Times mobile apps, and New York Times in Education.
To activate your pass, follow these steps:
- Visit www.accessnyt.com
- Type “University of Idaho” in the search window and select “University of Idaho – Moscow, ID”
- Click “Create Account” and use your “uidaho.edu” or “vandals.uidaho.edu” email address to create your account
- If you already have an nytimes.com account that uses your uidaho email address, login with that account
- If you already have a paid subscription using your uidaho email address, you will need to cancel your paid subscription and then follow the above steps after your cancellation is complete
- Verify your account using the confirmation email
Accounts are active for one year and can be renewed each year as long as your uidaho email address is active.
The access provided is equivalent to the “Basic” subscription level and does not include the crossword or the Insider section. Due to copyright limitations, access to archival content from 1923 to 1980 is limited to a set number of downloads per user per day.
Our campus subscription offers access to The New York Times in Education which provides articles sorted by discipline with related instructional strategies and activities and other content curated by scholars.
The New York Times in Education requires a separate registration. Please use your uidaho email address when registering.