Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Who can use the library?
Students, faculty and staff of the University of Idaho have full privileges in the library. Guest privileges are extended to:
- Idaho residents with photo ID (residents under 18 years old must have parent or guardian willing to establish a parent/child account)
- WSU faculty, staff, and students with WSU ID
Guests may borrow books, DVDs and other library materials. Non-UI affiliates will not have remote access to most electronic resources or to some library-specific services.
How long can I keep library materials?
Generally, your library card allows you to borrow an unlimited number of items.
Undergraduates, staff and guest patrons may borrow books for six weeks, no renewals; faculty and graduate students may borrow most books for 120 days.
Loan periods for all library materials and fines for overdue and/or lost books and reserve materials are listed on the library website.
Creating a library account
The search box on the library homepage locates materials in both University of Idaho Libraries and Summit, a group of 36 other academic libraries throughout the Pacific Northwest. It also searches libraries worldwide for items not held by UI and Summit libraries.
Creating a library account allows you to:
- View checked out items, pending requests, fines and fees.
- Renew items or cancel requests.
- Set preferences for your current and future sessions.
- Add items you found to your e-shelf.
- Set alerts for your queries. In this case you will be sent an e-mail notification once it locates new items matching your search criteria.
- Use additional library services such as requesting or recalling items.
To create an account:
- Click "Sign in" in the upper right corner of the Primo page.
- Select user status.
- Enter your University of Idaho NetID and password or continue as a Registered Guest Patron.