Introduction to The Studio
The Studio is the University of Idaho Library's audio and video production and editing space. Located on the 2nd floor of the library, The Studio offers dedicated space to UI-affiliated students, staff, and faculty seeking to create podcasts, video essays, or other audiovisual material. New users must schedule an orientation with Anthony Saia or Thomas Wilson between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. M-F prior to reserving the room for independent use.
To reserve the room, visit http://libcal.uidaho.edu/booking/AV. The Studio is available for reservation from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday to Thursday, and from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Fridays. The Studio is not available for reservation on the weekend.
The Library also offers multimedia equipment that can be used outside of the building for those interested in field recording. These items are available on a first come, first serve basis at the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor of the Library:
- Canon Camera Kit: Contains HD Camera, Tripod, Camera Remote, Attachable microphone, AC adapters, USB transfer cord, and 8 GB SD card. Great for recording with a green screen indoors or outdoors. Camera memory and SD card will be reformatted when camera is returned.
- TASCAM Portable Microphone Kit: Contains TASCAM recording device, SHURE SM57 microphone, microphone stand, and 4 GB MicroSD card. Great for audio recording. MicroSD card will be reformatted when kit is returned.
- GoPro Kit: Contains GoPro Hero, USB transfer cord, and mini-tripod. Great for video recording on the go.
- External Hard Drives: 1 Terabyte Hard drive, designed for audio/video transfer in The Studio. Hard drive will be reformatted when returned.
- Portable Green Screen: 8 foot by 16 foot green screen, great for outdoor or large space green screen recording.
- Last Updated: Sep 26, 2017 11:14 AM
- URL: https://libguides.uidaho.edu/thestudio
- Print Page